Opening Hours & Pricing
Open from 9am till 4pm every day of the year (except Christmas Day)
YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HOLD A KOALA!
Billabong Sanctuary is one of the few places in the world where you can hold a koala!
(Extra fee involved for this special privilege)
- We’ll take a souvenir photo as a treasured keepsake of your dream-come-true moment, printed on the day and mounted in a colourful folder.
- Cannot be booked online. Guaranteed a place on the day
- Two sessions a day: 10:30am and 2:45pm
Professional photos holding your choice of koala or reptile (friendly lizard, python or young crocodile).
- One Photo: Holding Koala or Reptile $32
- Two Photos: Two different animals $55 (saving of $9)
- Three Photos: Koala + Crocodile + Python (Three different animals) $80 (saving of $16)
- Digital Copy of Each Photo: FREE
- Note: Maximum 2 adults and 5 children from the same family per photo
We now offer an unforgettable opportunity to get up close and personal with our mischievous meerkats!
Sit with them in their enclosure, offer them some food—and be prepared to have them climb all over you and entertain you with their antics!
You’re welcome to take selfies, or hand your device to our ranger who will take photos of the fun you’re having!
This encounter would make the perfect gift!Learn More
NEW SOUVENIR PHOTO OPPORTUNITY!
Note this option is not bundled in with the handling photos above
Stand beside a koala on a branch. Give it a pat if you like! $22
- Photo can include no more than two adults and five school-aged children, all from the one family
- Minimum height for children to hold a koala is 1.4 metres. No height restriction to stand with koala on a branch for a photo
- All photos are presented to you the same day, mounted in a Billabong souvenir folder
- Your friends and family are welcome to take photos of your special moment (as time allows)
- Additional adults such as grandparents $10 extra per adult – max 4 adults
When you purchase the handling photo you also receive a digital copy so you can share your special moment on social media. You will be given a code number for your photo. Download your photo here.
Special Offer for Local Residents: Bring in TWO out of town adult visitors, and ONE local adult gets FREE entry to equal or lesser value! Just show photo ID with proof of residency; no voucher required. Each person must show proof of residency.
LOCAL area extends south to Mackay and Airlie Beach, west to Charters Towers and north to Mission Beach and Tully.
Attention, group leaders and organizers! Enjoy a Spectacular 10% Discount for Your Group of 10 or More! Contact us today to discuss your group’s needs.
ROCK THE CROC PERSONAL CROC FEEDING!
Feed one of our mighty estuarine crocs! This is a rare opportunity to come face-to-face with one of the most powerful predators on earth. After a brief orientation by our Rangers, step up to the fence where you’ll be less than a metre from the water. In front of you lies a hungry crocodile, although you may not see him at first.
Adults and children (over 16 years) – $99Learn More
FEED THE FRESHIES CROC FEEDING!
Introducing a thrilling new experience that everyone can enjoy! How would you like to feed one of our freshwater crocodiles?
During summer months you can grab a ticket at Reception and have the thrill of personally pole-feeding a freshie! Awesome!
Adults and children, with adult supervision – $10
CLUB BILLABONG ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP
Family (2 adults + 5 children 4-16 yrs)
Family (1 adult + 5 children 4-16 yrs)
Additional child; same family