We now offer an unforgettable opportunity to get up close and personal with our mischievous meerkats!
Sit with them in their enclosure, offer them some food—and be prepared to have them climb all over you and entertain you with their antics!
You’re welcome to take selfies, or hand your device to our ranger who will take photos of the fun you’re having!
This encounter would make the perfect gift!
Here’s everything you need to know about our Meerkat Encounter:
- Meet the Meerkats takes place every day (except Christmas Day) at 11:45 am and 2:00 pm
- Cost is $65 per person; maximum 4 people per session. Session is 15 minutes long
- Cost for the encounter does not include entrance to Billabong Sanctuary
Minimum age is 8; children under 12 must be accompanied by paying adult
- Ring the front desk on (07) 4778 8344 to make a booking; once paid, no refunds are given. Walk-ins are permitted subject to availability on the day—just ask when you arrive!
- Participants must wear fully enclosed shoes (no thongs or sandals). We recommend you wear clothing which covers the arms and shoulders as the meerkats may climb up and perch on you—with the possibility of scratches.
- Accessibility: Meet the Meerkats is not suitable for guests with mobility issues, as you will need to go down a couple of steps, walk across sand and sit on a log that is low to the ground.
- Animal welfare: We want our meerkats to have a positive experience while you are enjoying the encounter. Please don’t pat them. Rangers reserve the right to terminate the interaction if there is an animal welfare issue.