Billabong Sanctuary is proud of the awards we have received to date. We see the awards as important recognition of the first class wildlife experience we offer.
Some of our recent awards won include
Queensland Tourism Award for best Tourist Attraction (2007)
Of this award, owner Bob Flemming says: “We have been trying to achieve this recognition for 20 years. It’s a great thrill to have recognition as the leading Tourist Attraction in Queensland. Billabong Sanctuary’s great strength is the people who work here, providing the best interactive wildlife experience in Australia.”
• North Queensland Tourism Award for best Tourist Attraction (2008)
• North Queensland Tourism Awards for Major Tourist Attraction (2000, 2003, 2005, 2007)
• North Queensland Tourism Awards for Eco Tourism (2006, 2002)
• North Queensland Tourism Awards for Cultural Tourism (2001)
• In 1999, Billabong Sanctuary won the Thuringowa City Council Award for Environmental Tourism and the Townsville City Council Environmental Excellence Award.
• In 2005, we also won a Tourism Award for making a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
• North Queensland Tourism Awards, Richard Power Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual (2007): Bob Flemming
This award is a tribute to the late Richard Power, who was Chief Executive of Townsville Enterprise for 9 years. It was given in recognition of Bob’s hard work over the past 23 years promoting tourism in north Queensland. We’re all very proud of him.
A few of the testimonials recorded at Billabong
|Awesome experience, great crew – Paul and Maria, Sydney|
|So very impressed, wonderful helpful and informative staff
– Anita and Holly, Gold Coast
|Cameron and Pete were good guides, the animals were cool too
– Hannah Power, UK
|Fantastic, loved the koalas - Fiona and Kenneth, Ireland|
|Its just awesome, great experience – Bindet Sisters, Germany|
|Thank you very much for the emotions. Its an amazing place. See you
– Andrea and Valentina, Italy
|We loved it, the crocs were great – Megan Murray, New York|
|I had a great time – Ann Macys, Holland|
|Terrific hands on experience – Faune Clarke, Canada|
|Enjoyed the experience, Thanks – Brian Mauer, Seattle, USA|